What is the msvcp140.dll File?
The msvcp140.dll File is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) System File provided by Microsoft for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and earlier Versions. These .dll Files contain various instructions that different pieces of software may need in order to run properly. If a .dll file, like the msvcp140.dll file, is missing, it may result in a variety of different error messages.
- The program can't start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found
- There was a problem starting msvcp140.dll. The specified module could not be found
- Error loading msvcp140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
Usually, .dll files, like the msvcp140.dll, are installed automatically by the program or game that may need it. But it seems that this is not always the case. In fact, it can happen that the software or game installer didn’t include the DLL file, which results in the error messages mentioned above. Microsoft is providing a huge amount of different DLL files, already pre-installed with your version of windows. Unfortunately, a system update or system issue can also damage your DLL file, leaving you with a broken and unusable DLL file.
In rare cases, this issue may also appear because a game or program code got updated, requiring the msvcp140.dll, without providing it.
For now, we have observed the following Programs or Games to generate the notorious “msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer” error:
- GTA 5 / GTA V
- Rocket League
- Among us
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Battlefield / BF5
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Genshin Impact
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effect
- Epic Games Launcher
How to Fix msvcp140.dll is missing error?
There are several possible fixed for these errors:
1) Install msvcp140.dll
The msvcp140.dll missing error seems to be the only one that is bothering you, the quickest solution would be to download a new copy of the msvcp140.dll file and install it in the required directories. For the Download and more instructions, make sure to check out the installation instructions and download links below.
2) Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019
3) Try one of these quick-fixes which on some occasions may also resolve your msvcp140.dll errors:
- Delete the Program, Application, or Game that is causing that error and Install it again.
- Check for possible Windows Updates
- If Possible, Update the Program, Application, or Game causing the error to the Latest Version
- Clean and Optimize your Registry (with CCleaner)
- Download the msvcp140.dll and Copy/Paste it into the Program, Application, or Game folder (Sometimes Programs only use DLL files from within their Directories)
You can download and install msvcp140.dll for Free on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
If you chose to use the 1) Method, here are the installation instructions for the msvcp140.dll File:
** You will need to know if you are using a 64- or 32- Bit Windows, if you don't know, here is a Tutorial**
Download the 32-Bit Version down below.
Unpack the Zip File!
Paste the msvcp140.dll into the Folder:C:/Windows/System32/
- Restart Your PC
Download the 32-Bit & the 64-Bit Version down below.
Unpack Both DLL's (But keep track which is the 32 and 64 Version)
Paste the msvcp140.dll File (32-Bit) into the Folder:C:/Windows/SysWOW64/
Paste the msvcp140.dll File (64-Bit) into the Folder:C:/Windows/System32/
- Restart your PC
After performing each of the steps, the program that produced the msvcp140.dll Missing error should now work correctly!
On rare occasions, the program is not recognizing the msvcp140.dll, even though it is installed correctly. In these cases, the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package could help. If you are still getting the Missing Error, try installing it here.
Downloaded so far: 578539
Downloaded so far: 945622
How to Install a Web Server on Windows 10
In this tutorial, we will learn how to install a Web Server with Apache, PHP 8.0, and MySQL on a Windows 10 machine.Read More
Am I using 64-Bit OR 32-Bit Windows?
Find out if you are using a 64 or 32 Bit WindowsRead More